Tuesday 3 September 2013

What's in my Overnight Beauty Bag?


My boyfriend and I recently went away for the evening, nowhere far, just out for a nice meal then stayed over in a hotel.  He's in the Army and is currently on leave, and since we don't get very much time together, we thought it'd be nice just to have a little alone time, with just us and no interruptions.

The bag itself came with a No7 Christmas gift set a  good few years ago now, but it is one of my favourite toiletries bags, and trust me, I have a few! I love the colour, and the pattern inside, and also the two sections inside are clear so you can see exactly where everything is.

As I had to work the day we were due to go, a hair wash when we arrived was essential! I used my mini Organix shampoo and conditioner, which I'm a big fan of.  I like how they're a bit bigger than the usual travel size shampoos you get, so they last much longer. The spray bottle you can see contains some of my Amargan protect and shine spray, and I finished off my hair with my Lee Stafford Argan Oil serum. For shower gel I opted for The Body Shop's Satsuma body wash.  This stuff smells amazing! The scent really lingers in the bathroom afterwards too.  I also took the accompanying body butter in Jolly Orange




For skincare, I took my trusty L'Oreal Micellar Water. I didn't bother decanting this into anything smaller as although the bottle is quite large, it's a pretty compact shape. It also tones which is one less thing to take. The miniature Benefit face wash is pretty much empty, and the moisturiser now contains my usual No7 day cream. I was a bit naughty and didn't take any night cream. I had nothing to decant my usual one into, so decided that for one night, I'd just use the day cream again.


I based the makeup on my five minute face look I blogged about not too long ago, but added a few bits to make it more of an evening look.  The Benefit primer is a relatively new purchase, and I'm still making my mind up as to what I think of it. I changed the foundation to my Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua, as it's more of a compact size for travelling.  I usually prefer a bit more coverage for an evening, but with the primer it was fine.  I kept cheeks and lips the same, but took a few extra bits to define my eyes, including my Benefit Brow-Zings palette.  For eye shadow I used my Soap and Glory palette in 'What's Nude' which is a really handy size for travelling, and lined my eyes with a Maybelline felt tip liner.  I also took my mini They're Real mascara by Benefit.  Lastly the nail varnish you see is from Accessorize and is called Amethyst.  This was already on my toes and just took it to go over any chips as I was wearing sandals, which is a bit lazy but we've all done it I'm sure...!

It does seem a lot to take for just the one night, but I really don't know how I could condense it further.  This little lot could probably last for a longer trip too, but like everyone else, the longer the trip, the more makeup I pack!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig