Tuesday 10 September 2013

Sanctuary Pore Refining Toner



Toners are something I've pretty much always neglected. I always thought they were unnecessary, and half the time it's enough effort for me to remember to cleanse and moisturise without adding extra steps to my routine.  I'm currently in the process of revamping my skincare routine so this seemed as good a time as any to incorporate a toner.  I didn't want to spend loads of cash, so I opted for the Sanctuary pore refining toner from Boots. At £9, it's certainly not the most expensive, fancy toner out there, but it's not super cheap either.  

The toner claims to be suitable for all skin types and helps to balance skin's PH levels & minimise the appearance of open pores without the skin feeling stripped or dry.  It also contains Witch Hazel to help fight blemishes and reduce any redness.  My skin is generally normal to dry, though I do get the odd oily patch occasionally, so I was looking for something to combat this without aggravating my slightly dry skin either.


The toner comes in a blue, spray bottle and is 150mls in size.  I actually really like the packaging, it's simplistic, yet sleek and doesn't look at all cheap.  It could easily be mistaken for a more expensive product I think.  The spray bottle ensures you control exactly how much product you apply; I tend to do about 3 or 4 squirts onto a cotton wool pad then wipe all over my face after cleansing.   With it being a spray, you can also spray directly on the face (eyes closed of course!) as a mist, to refresh your skin throughout the day.  I'm yet do try this as the bottle is a bit big to carry around all day but I can imagine it's nice and refreshing.

I've been using this toner for a few weeks now and I've definitely seen an improvement in my skin.  I'd noticed my pores were becoming more noticeable on my forehead and nose and this toner has certainly helped to reduced them.  My skin is also a lot smoother and noticeable brighter.  It does have a fairly strong smell, it's not unpleasant at all, it just smells like a "real spa" product if that makes sense?  I'm not a fan of using heavily fragranced products on my face, and I always get a little paranoid when I try a new skincare product, but I'm pleased to say I have had no reaction what so ever.

I'm really glad I tried this toner, and I'd highly recommend anyone to give it a try if you haven't already.  It's also available in a smaller (30ml) bottle  for £3.99 which I'm tempted to pick up for travel.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig