Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Autumn Tag

image: weheartit.com
Autumn is definitely my favourite season.  I've missed most of the nice hot weather this summer due to being stuck at work, and now the weather's getting cooler I must admit I'm glad to hear the end of comments such as "ooh it's lovely out there you know?" and "fancy being stuck in here on a day like this"... I'm not there by choice y'know... Anyway, I've not being tagged by anyone to do this tag (that I'm aware of!) but I've seen it cropping up in a few places so I thought I'd join in anyway!  

1. Favourite thing about it?

The crisp weather.  There's a bit of a chill in the air so which means we can get out our boots, scarves, jumpers etc... but we don't have to wrap up the point we resemble Michelin Man.  I also love walking though piles of crisp leaves on the gound!

2. Favourite drink? 

This time of year I start lusting after hot chololate again. My favouirte is the Green and Blacks one.  With squirty cream and marshmallows of course!


3. Favourite scent/candle? 

I'm a big candle fan, especially in the cooler months.  I love sat in front of the fire, with loads of candles burning.  One of my favourite candle fragrances is by a brand called Partylite, and is called Mulberry.  They also did a lovely one called Apple Allure which has sadly been discontinued :(

4. Best lipstick? 

I still tend to stick to more natural lip colours in the Autumn, especially during the day.  If anything I may go for one of the deeper colours in the Revlon lip butters range, or similar.  I am more likely to wear a red lipstick in these colder months though.

5. Go to moisturiser? 

I'm currently using the No7 Beautiful Skin moisturiser for normal/dry skin.  At the moment this is working fine for me, and I already have another pot ready to go.  However, I may purchase something else if I find my skin to get drier over the next few weeks.  I've just ordered a few origins products and I'm keen to try a moisturiser from them too.

image: weheartit.com

6. Go to colours for the eyes? 

I swear by my neutrals and tend to flit between my Naked palettes all year round.  Having said that I'd like to try out something like Mac's Cranberry eyeshadow this Autumn.  I believe there's a Maybelline colour ta too in a similar colour also so I'll probably get that as I love cream eye shadows.

7. Favourite music or band/singer to listen to? 

Music wise, I tend to just stick my 'Starred' songs on shuffle and see what comes on, there's some corkers on there let me tell you! I'm quite set in my ways when it comes to music, and I don't really keep up to date with new music.  I am really liking The 1975's album though, and my current guilty pleasure is McFly... make of that what you will!

8. Favourite outfit to wear (i.e. boots & a scarf combo)? 

I'm obsessed with my (faux!) leather Primark jacket and pretty much wear it do death til it gets unbearably cold and I'm forced into wearing, to quote my mother, a "proper winter coat". It goes with just about any outfit, and I love wearing it with a dress, tights and a nice chunky knit scarf.  That's my go to look for casual evenings out in the cooler months.

9. Autumn treat? (i.e. a new scarf or bag you have your eye on) 

I'm a scarves obsessive and have my eye on a couple from Dorothy Perkins.  I also discovered the other day due to the rain that I need new boots; I wore them that much last winter that I must've made a hole in them or something!  Also in need f a "proper winter coat"...

10. Favourite place to be? 

Sat on the sofa in my PJ's, drinking hot chocolate watching trashy TV with the fire burning.  There's nothing I love more than coming in from the cold to a nice warm, cosy house and chilling out for the evening. Even more so come the winter when the Christmas tree is up... not long now!

  
image: weheartit.com
Have you done the Autumn Tag? If so, send me the link as I'd love to read it!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig