Tuesday 24 September 2013

Review: Soap & Glory Glow All Out


It's no secret on here that I'm a big lover of Soap and Glory; ever since I tried their Calm One, Calm All over five years ago, I've been hooked and have tried so many of their products.  One thing I love about them is they're continually bringing out more products and I was so excited when they added a makeup line to their range.  For the most part, the makeup line is great and I've liked pretty much everything I've tried and this is yet another product to add to their 'hit list'

Glow All Out is described as a 'luminising face powder' which I guess is more or less the same as a highlighter.  Although while some highlighters can be overly glittery or shimmery, this is way more subtle.  It gives a beautifully subtle sheen to the skin that is perfect for this time of year.  My skin can often look dull and tired and this perks it up just the right amount.  Soap and Glory say you can apply this over the whole face, but I just apply it to the tops of my cheekbones.  Even though it's subtle, I think the whole face may be a bit too much, and you really would 'glow all out' (see what I did there?!)

To be honest I'm not overly keen on the packaging.  While the cardboard is strong and sturdy (in a similar way to the Benefit boxed powders), I still suspect it will pick up a few knocks fairly easily, and I'm not sure how long it'll look so white and pristine either... I think after a couple of month, general wear and tear will stop it from looking so pretty!

I bought this product a couple of weeks ago, and I've used it pretty much every day since.  I've even added it to my most basic of make up routines; the one I tend to do for work, or if I'm just in a rush.  I haven't swatched it for you in the photos as it's that subtle, it's really hard to capture how lovely it is with my basic camera. 

At £11, it's not the cheapest out there, but Soap and Glory is currently part of Boots' 'buy one, get one half price' offer, and is also often on 3 for 2...  either of which would justify a cheeky splurge if you ask me!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig