Wednesday 25 September 2013

Nail Week #2 Essie's Maximillian Strasse Her

Apologies for the smudge there - was in a bit of a rush!
 This is definitely the winner of the 'strangest named polish I own' award, if there was such a thing.  This was part of Essie's Madison Aven-hue collection that came out in the Spring.    It's apparently named after one of Munich's royal avenues, Maximillianstrasse, which is recent times has become home to many a designer shop.  Dolce & Gabanna, Dior and Gucci all have branches here and are increasingly ousting the more traditional shops, art galleries and restaurants that once resided there.  I picked this up from the diffusion line in Boots and is what I wore on my nails yesterday.  As I've named this week 'nail week' the plan is to have a different colour on my nails each day.  So far, so good!

The colour is certainly quite unusual.  Kind of a greyed out green, if that makes any sense.  I don't have anything else like this in my collection, and it's definitely a step away from my usual pinks and purples.  It's completely different to the mint green polishes that pretty much everyone adorns their nails with in the summer months.  That said, if you're a fan of those polishes, then you might well like this one too.  The polish is still a pale green colour, but a lot more muted which I think makes it a good transitional colour as we head into autumn and winter.  If you're not ready to say goodbye to your summer pastel colours, this may be the one for you.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig