Wednesday 15 April 2015

Hair Care: Washing




I switch up my hair care routine quite a bit; I'm always tweaking it in the search of products that really work for me. Although I am quite happy with what I'm using at the moment so I thought I'd do a little hair care series, starting with what I use when washing my hair.


I probably wash my hair 2-3 times a week; it all depends what hours I'm working, what I'm doing on my days off and, if I'm honest, how lazy I'm feeling! I've been using Sulphate free shampoo and conditioner for almost three years now, ever since i had my hair dyed red and asked my hair dresser what i should use to help maintain it. Even though my hair is a more natural colour these days, I've just never really switched back to a regular shampoo. They're a little trickier to find, but most high street shops do have a small selection; and three from L'Oreal are one of my favourites. The packaging is sleek, they smell lovely (very spa-like. I'd think they were from a more high end brand if it wasn't for the bottle!) but most importantly they leave my hair soft, shiny and manageable. These particular ones also give my hair a bit more volume; most volumising shampoos are a no-no for coloured hair so sulphate free, volumising products for coloured hair are a bit of a rarity so thumbs up to L'Oreal for making them much more accessible!


This Charles Worthington Balm has been a staple in my collection since I first had my hair ombred. I wanted something to counteract some of the damage done by the bleach, and also from heat styling so opted for this. I love how you apply this to dry hair; you can go about your business (maybe don't leave the house though!) then just wash your hair as normal whenever you're ready. No more loitering in the shower waiting for your mask to do it's thing! I tend to use this two to three times a month, maybe a couple more times of I've been using a lot of heat on my hair. You can read my full review of this here.  I go through a lot of dry shampoo; whether its to sort out my fringe on a morning, to add a bit of volume to my hair, or on lazy days when I cant be bothered to wash my hair. Being a big fan of the regular line, I was excited to discover CoLab had added a extra volume range to their collection. So much so, I missed the fact that these ones aren't of the same invisible formula as the others... doh! It's not too big a deal, but definitely something for those with darker hair to bear in mind. I think I'll be going back to the original when this runs out.  

What are your favourite products for washing hair? I'm always looking to try new hair goodies so leave me some suggestions!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig