Sunday 9 February 2014

Pinterest Picks #1

Hello, my name is Sarah and I'm a Pinterest-aholic.  Most evenings I can lose at least an hour of my life by browsing, pinning and liking; it's very addictive.  I love looking through other people's boards to see what they've pinned, and maybe repin some things onto my own boards.  Two of my favourite categories to look through are quotes; for a bit of inspiration or motivation, and humour; for a good old giggle.  As my blog is lacking in the 'Lifestyle' posts of late (I can't wait for nicer weather so I can blog about fun days out!) I thought it might be a good idea to share a pin or two from these sections and perhaps give my thoughts on them.  I'm not sure how often, just every now and again when I come across pins that really strike a chord with me.  I'm not saying it's a unique idea, I've seen similar things on a couple of other blogs and have always enjoyed reading them; I just want to give it a go myself!


First up is once I can most certainly relate to.  Pretty much everybody has had one of those nights where you're worried about something and instead of sleeping, you spend the night tossing and turning, with the same problem going through your mind and you just can't switch off.   During the day you can busy yourself with work, or uni, or seeing friends or whatever, and you can easily put your worries to the back of your mind and not give them a second thought.  Yes they're still there, but they're small and not too much of a big deal, or maybe they're a bit more significant but you have a clear idea of how you're going to deal with it, or what the outcomes going to be, or you just know that it'll be okay.  But once your tucked up in bed, those problems suddenly seem HUGE.  With out the distractions of day to day life, your imagination runs wild and you're playing out different scenarios in your mind, each getting a bit more exaggerated, resulting in you getting even more freaked out and restless and getting zero sleep.  

I'm a firm believer that everything seems worse at night.  When you're laid in bed, in the dark, in the silence, with no distractions, even the smallest problem can seem like a huge drama.  And any noise is almost certainly a mouse, or a ghost, or somebody trying to get in, when reality it's probably coming from outside, or maybe nextdoor's TV or even just those random creaking noises that older houses can sometimes make.    

It's pretty much a guarantee that once you manage to drop off to sleep, when you wake up, that problem will seem much more manageable, it may have even gone completely.  So next time you're laid at wake at night, worrying yourself silly just try and relax and tell yourself that things will be better in the morning...

Phew! That was all a bit deep and serious wasn't it? Here's one of my favourite funnies of the week to lighten the mood a little...

 Teehee!

Hope you liked this post. Should I make it a regular thing? Let me know in the comments below!

 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I enjoyed this post! I so agree things/thoughts get so overwhelming at night when you're trying to sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post :) I really enjoy reading little quotes like the one above.. They're so inspirational and really emphasise the more important things in life! You should definitely make it a regular thing :) x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pinterest! And potentially WeHeartIt too, great for browsing :)

    Jenn www.BarelyThereBeauty.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig