Thursday 26 February 2015

February Favourites


1. Lush The Kiss Lip Scrub.

I think I'm addicted to this stuff.  The combination of sea salt and caster sugar gives it that salty-sweet taste which I'm a bit of a sucker for (salted caramel, anyone?!) and the cute little edible hearts were a nice little addition for this Valentines Day themed scrub.  It's a little messy to apply, so don't make the mistake I did of applying it after make up! Also, mine seems to be lacking in the sprinkles department so I'm hoping they're just hiding around the middle of my pot!

2. Soap and Glory Hand Dream.

Another winning product from Soap and Glory. This was a welcome addition in the Best of All gift set that everyone was going crazy for over Christmas.  As much as I love Soap and Glory, I was getting a little bored of getting tube after tube of Hand Food in pretty much every gift set I ever got.  This is a little richer than Hand Food, yet seems to absorb into my skin quicker, leaving much less of the greasy residue that I found Hand Food left.  The scent is similar to Hand Food, but more subtle which I definitely prefer.

3. Florance Anne Blackcurrant and Fig Eau de Toilette

I spotted these very Jo Malone-esque bottles in Boots for a mere £10 which I thought was a bit of a bargain! I opted for the Blackcurrant and Fig, which I'm assuming is a dupe of Jo Malone's Blackberry and Bay scent.  Having not tried any Jo Malone fragrances, I couldn't possibly compare the two, but I really do like this.  It's a little different to the sweet, floral scents I'm tend to wear.  It's rich, sophisticated, fruity smell is perhaps a little much for day to day wear, but it's perfect for the evening and I've had a few people ask what perfume I'm wearing.

4. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer.

I'm sure you've heard of this product by now. It caused quite a stir among bloggers late last year and I can certainly see why.  First of all, it smells gorgeous.  I can't quite put my finger on what it smells of, but it's really light yet lasts all day. I actually can't stop sniffing my hair after I've used it! Secondly, and most importantly, this stuff works miracles! My hair is quite wavy when wet, and usually if I leave it to dry naturally, I end up with a big frizzy, knotty mess which makes any kind of styling impossible.  However, If I spray this liberally into my hair after towel drying, my hair actually dries into lovely, soft natural waves with virtually no frizz or knots.  The first time I used this I was amazed, and thought it was a bit of a fluke and I'd never be able to do it again, but I was wrong. This product really does work wonders!

5. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara.

I wasn't sure what to think when I first heard Benefit were bringing out another mascara.  I wasn't a great fan of They're Real!, as I found it to clump very easily and dry out in next to no time.  Yet when I saw Elle magazine were giving away a free sample I knew I had nothing to lose. I never usually buy magazines but I'm so glad I bought this one.  It really does lift the lashes, and the curl lasts all day.  I fell in love with this mascara from the first use and couldn't wait to buy the full size version, so much so that I took advantage of the offer of free shipping when you bought two mascaras on the Benefit website (one for me, one as a gift for someone!) before it's official release on counters. 

6. CoLab Dry Shampoo

When Ruth Crilly announced she was launching hair own range of dry shampoo, I was intrigued. I love dry shampoo and use it most days, even if it's just to sort my fringe out as it has a mind of it's own. I'm a huge fan of Dove's dry shampoo (you can read my review here) yet I'm still always trying out new ones.  This is another winner for me, mainly because there's very little grey residue, which can be a bit of an issue with some dry shampoos.  It also adds a good amount of texture to the ends of my hair to give it that messy(ish!) lived in look I really like.  I love how there's a travel size version of each of the five scents too, and I've recently spotted an 'extra volume' range which I'll be checking out next.  I love me some big hair, I do!

What have you been loving this month?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig