Sunday 9 March 2014

5 products, 5 minutes

I'm sure we all have those mornings where for whatever reason we've left ourselves five minutes to do our make up. Whether you've over slept, have some last-minute plans, or just simply can't be bothered to do a full face of make up, we've all been there.  For me, most days, it's the latter.  I just can't bring myself to go all out with my make up when I'm going to work for various reasons, but put simply I don't see the point; anyone who's worked in a busy kitchen/restaurant/cafe will completely understand! That said, I still like to make a bit of an effort to look a little bit human, and I'm proud to say I've got my "work face" routine whittled down to just 5 products, all applied within just 5 minutes

A recent discovery for me is the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation.  I've heard a lot of people complain that the shade range of Boujois isn't the best, and while there certainly isn't a great deal of shades, I'm one of the lucky ones as this is a pretty good match for my skin tone.  I'd say this foundation is leaning towards medium coverage, but it's very light weight and doesn't feel at all like you're wearing a mask.  It's quick and easy to blend into the skin, and doesn't accentuate any dry patches.  Concealer is a must for me, especially when I have a dreaded 7am start.  My trusty Collection concealer does a good job of minimising my dark circles; I've lost count of how many tubes of this I've gone through. I love it. I just wish they'd sort the packaging out; I hate how all the writing wears off after about a week!  Next up is a quick sweep of blusher to add a bit of much needed colour to my cheeks.  At the moment, I'm really liking this one by Boujois, but to be honest I just usually grab whichever one's closest! Almost done now, but not before a bit of bronzer.  I tend not to do any real contouring, I just sweep a light dusting all over, maybe concentrating slightly more under my cheek bones, nothing to drastic though, just enough to add a little shape.  Last but not least, mascara.  At the moment, I'm really enjoying the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara.  I'd read mixed reviews on this, but decided to bite the bullet and give it a go, and I'm really pleased I did.

So that's my 5 minute face routine.  If I had a bit more time, I'd definitely do my eyebrows.  I'll occasionally use a bit of brow gel on them but for the most part I don't bother for work. Things like highlighter, eyeshadow and primer, I save for my days off.  This way, I know I'll look a bit different, and certainly feel that little bit more (dare I say?) glamorous on the days I've escaped from the madhouse that is work!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've heard a lot about the Collection lasting perfection concealer and I've tried a tester in Superdrug, I'm not a big fan of thick concealers, do you think it's still worth me trying?

    ReplyDelete

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig