Tuesday 17 December 2013

Haircare Haul

Charles Worthington Intesne Rescue Melting Balm - £16.99
Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo -  £6.49
Lee Stafford Nourishing Miracle Treatment - £14.99

Does anyone else always have a little haircare splurge after visiting the hairdressers? I do. Boots current 3 for 2 haircare offer certainly didn't help matters, and after much deliberation, I decided on these three beauties to help care for my new locks.  First up is Lee Stafford's 'Purple' Shampoo.  I know I'm late to the party here, but on this visit to the salon, I had my hair ombre'd.  After doing a bit of research, I found that these sorts of shampoos are great for removing brassy tones from bleached hair, and this one in particular had some good reviews.  In hindsight though, perhaps I didn't really need this as my ombre is quite subtle; although my stylist used bleach, it was very diluted and the end result was more of a caramel kind of tone, as opposed to a full on bleach blonde.  It may just be that I use this very occasionally, perhaps mixed in with my regular shampoo.  If anyone has an thoughts on this, please let me know! I also picked up two hair masks as the ends of my hair were inevitably feeling a touch dry.  I'm a big fan of Lee Stafford's, Miracle Argan Oil (review here) so I decided to give the Deep Nourishing Treatment from the same range a go.  This one is designed to be used after shampooing, and is then followed with your usual conditioner.  Lastly I picked up the Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm.  I'm sure you'll have heard about this one; I wanted it for the longest time, but couldn't get hold of it.  I'd actually forgotten all about it until I saw it the other day. This one is a solid balm, similar to a cleansing balm, that transforms to an oil when warm.  It's applied to dry hair 20-30 minutes before washing, and then you just wash your hair as normal.  Two masks may seem a bit excessive to some I guess, but I quite like how they apply differently and I'll probably alternate between the two.

Have you used any of these products? Is there anything similar out there that's better? Let me know your thoughts!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The Charles Worthington Melting Balm has been on my list to try now for ages, it sounds great.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig