Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Years Resolutions 2014

Image: weheartit.com
I hope everyone reading this has had a fantastic Christmas and New Year; where did 2013 go?! Yet another year and zoomed by, and here we are at the start of a new one and I hope 2014 is a happy and healthy one for all of you.  I failed miserably at sticking to the resolutions I made last year, which you can see in this post, and a lot of those still stand.  So here's my updated Resolutions list for 2014.

1. Learn to Swim

I'm fully aware how ridiculous it is that someone of my age cannot swim.  I had lessons while at primary school, but to be honest I was a bit of a wuss and never had the confidence to try all that hard.  I managed to get my 10m certificate on the very last lesson before I left school. (Well, kind of.  The fact that my feet actually touched the bottom half way along is one of my closest guarded secrets...) This spring sees a brand new leisure centre/swimming pool opening in my town and I'm determined to take full advantage of it and enrol in some adult swimming lessons.  This leads nicely on to my second resolution, which is...

2. Get Fit...ter

This is a repeat of last years.  I didn't succeed all that well in this, and I can't even remember the last time I went to Zumba.  I'm currently at my heaviest I've been in a long time, and I definitely need to shift a few pounds.  I want to cut down considerably on the amount of junk I eat, and take part in some classes that the new leisure centre will have to offer.  And once I've got the confidence, I definitely want to go swimming a couple of times a week.  The leisure centre is literally not even five minutes from where I work, so is ideal for a post-shift workout of some description. 

3. Blog Better

My aim for my blog this year is basically just to blog more consistently.  I'd like to be putting up 2 or 3 posts a week, and for me to be proud of each and every one of them.  I'd much rather stick to fewer posts, than put up 5 or 6 posts that I've rushed just for the sake of getting a post up.  I also want to interact with more bloggers out there, not only to promote my blog, but hopefully to also make new friends.  I have a lovely new blog design now and I'm determined to not let it go to waste.

Have you made any resolutions for 2014? Share them in the comments or link me to your blog post, if you've made one!

Happy New Year!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig