Sunday 4 August 2013

July Favourites


Since we're already four days into August, I'm assuming I'm a little late in getting this up... apoligies! Like pretty much everybody says in these posts of videos, I can't believe we're in August already. Seriously, where is this year going?! It really is true what they say, the older you get, the faster the years seem to go by! Anyway, onto the products...


First up is the L'Oreal 3-in-1 Purifying Micellar Solution. Until this came along I'd been using the La Roche Posay Micellar water, which I loved, but at around £10 it was pretty pricey and I seemed to use it up quite fast.  I was so happy to see a high street brand come out with a micellar water, and I've even managed to get a couple of my friends to give it a go now it's more accessible and a bit more purse friendly.  It does a really good job at getting the majority of my make up off before I do a proper cleanse, and I sometimes even use it first thing on a morning to wake my skin up a bit.


I've been using the  Bourjois Bronzing Primer as my bronzer of choice this month and I really like the results it gives.  I'm yet to try it out as an all over primer, but when applied either before or after foundation, buffing it into my temples, under my cheek bones and on my nose, it gives a lovely warmth to my usually pale complexion.  I've been teaming it with my Cha Cha Tint from Benefit on my cheeks for a nice summery look.  This has been a firm favourite of mine since it first came out, especially in the summer months.


Also from Benefit, I've been turning to my World Famous Neutrals kit for pretty much all of my eye looks lately. The one  I have is the 'Eyenessa's most glamorous nudes ever' and I've found it so versatile. These were the only shadows I took on a weekend away to Edinburgh recently and I honestly didn't wish I'd brought more.  With four powder and two cream shadows there was plenty to create a variety of looks, but not so many that I was sat for ages decided which to use each day.  It's also seen me through a hen weekend in Liverpool, and is also what I used when I was bridesmaid.  Definitely had my money's worth out of this one that's for sure!


Last up is actually a present from my boyfriend.  He doesn't buy me presents that often, which I don't actually mind because then when he does, it feels extra special. I'd been wanting the Marc Jacobs' Dot perfume for ages so when he said he wanted to treat me, this is what I went for.  It's a little heavy for my taste for day to day but for evenings I think it's perfect.  And as usual with Marc Jacobs' perfumes, the bottle is beautiful!

So that's what I've been loving in the month of July! Have you tried any of these products? Did you like them as much as I did? Let me know in the comments!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig