Wednesday 14 August 2013

Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Papaya


I'd so far resisted getting any of the Gelly polishes from Barry M, but while browsing in Superdrug I decided to cave and give them a go.  I decided against my usual go-to colours, mainly pinks and purples, and opted for Papaya instead.  I'd heard so many great things about the range so  skipped excitedly (not really) to the counter and made my purchase.

Initially I was really disappointed.  My first coat applied really streaky, then after applying a second coat, it just went really gloopy and horrible.  I persevered and on my third attempt managed to apply to coats to a nice even finish.  I'm not sure why I had so many problems, I think it may be I've been using mainly Essie polishes recently and the wider brush makes application so much easier, so anything with a regular brush would be trickier, who knows?  Anyway, I really like the colour, it's quite a bright orange, but also muted at the same time, almost like a neon pastel shade.  Very pretty and perfect for summer... would be even better if I had a tan!

Here it is topped with Dolly Mixture from Barry M's Confetti range... still not the best application, but you get a good idea of the colour.  I really like the Confetti range and want to collect them all.  I find they add a nice bit of interest to your nail colour but without being over the top like glitter sometimes can.

After my initial disappointment, I'm actually really pleased with the Gelly Nail Paints and will definitely be adding to my collection soon.  I've heard they chip easily, but since I only wear nail varnish for a day or two (not allowed it for work, boo!) longevity isn't something I look for when deciding what to add to my every growing collection.

Which of the Gelly Nail Paints should I try next? Let me know your favourites in the comments!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really like this range of polishes, I don't have a problem with them chipping quickly. I wore Greenberry for over a week before it started to chip x

    Prettylittlefashionista 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm your new follower! Yay! :D

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig