Friday 20 July 2012

Review: Lee Stafford Nourishing Miracle Oil



With the hype surrounding Moroccan Oil, its hardly surprising that the high street are coming out with more affordable alternatives. At around £30 a pop, I've yet to try the 'proper' stuff, but I picked up this offering from Lee Stafford in Boots as part of a 3 for 2 deal and I'm pretty impressed!

I'm not gonna lie, one of the things that attracted to me to the product was the packaging! I'd already chose a shampoo and conditioner and was just looking for something to be my 3rd product to take advantage of the offer.  The pink and orange box caught my eye, and after hearing so much about Moroccan Oil, I decided to give it a go. 



Lee says
"my nourishing oil is a special blend of ingredients which help to create soft,shiny hair leaving it in superb condition. This miracle oil nurtures hair and helps enrich its natural shine, delivering a smooth, shiny, silky finish without any product build up!"
 
 
The consistency is (obviously) very oil like, almost like a slighty more runny hair serum.  You can apply it to wet hair to help seal in moisture before blow drying, and you can also use it on dry hair to add shine, and tame flyaways and frizz.  Obviously you need to apply less to dry hair, because as it says on the bottle, you can always add more, but you can't take away!


I really like this product, it leaves my hair soft, shiny and manageable.  I really like the smell too, it's not too overpowering.  Other reviews have described it as being very similar too other Lee Stafford products.  Having not used  any others for quite a while, I couldn't say. But nevertheless, I do like it.  Personally I think it does smell 'oily'....   not in a horrible greasy chip pan type of way (eeww!)  but more like a massage oil may smell like.  


Lee Stafford products are available in Boots, and this particular one was £11.99 for 50ml. Pretty pricey I think,  and I probably wouldn't have bought it if not for the 3 for 2 deal.  I do wonder how it compares to the "real" Moroccan Oil.  At around £30 for 100ml it works out at around £6 more than the Lee Stafford,  which when you think of it like that, it's not too bad a deal.  After liking this so much I am tempted to splash out once it's ran out!


Have you tired the Lee Stafford Nourishing Miracle Oil? Or the Moroccan Oil? How do they compare? Let me know!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This sounds great! I love hair oils, the Babyliss pro argan oil is amazing!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.
    I found your blog via the blog hop. I love the name its great.

    C xx
    ateeniebitofthisandthat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig