Sunday 19 August 2012

Rimmel Lycra Pro Nail Varnish


I'm a bit of a nail varnish addict. I'd wear it every day if I could, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to wear it for work.  This hasn't stopped me building up a fairly decent collection with over 60 bottles at the last count.  (some are years old now, and I could do with sorting them out and getting rid of the ones that are past their best; it's on my list of things to do. Honest...) Anyway, one of my favourite brands of nail varnish is the Rimmel Lycra Pro range.  I first discovered these little beauties last summer and I'm slowly building up a little collection of them.

Rimmel say:
Take colour to a new level – promising fresh-out-of-the-bottle-look with long-lasting shine, it’s super durable, ultra-flexible giving you a chip-proof finish

I don't know how the Lycra technology works, but the finish is definitely different to any other nail polish I own. I'm not quite sure how to explain it to be honest.  It's shinier, and almost plastic/rubbery looking... in a good way! It reminds me of the 'gelish' polishes that have become popular recently.  They have a more professional finish than other brands, and it could quite easily pass for a salon manicure I reckon.


What I love about these polishes is the wand.  Rimmel claim the "Maxi Brush" promises a mistake-free application.  For someone like me who often struggles to get an even finish when applying nail polish, this brush is a God-send.  It's flatter and wider than the average wand, and I believe this is the only brand that has this.  It makes applying your nail polish a dream, the brush fans out and practically covers your entire nail.  It makes painting your nails SO much quicker,  which is fab when you're running late but still want to paint your nails! I can do two coats with this stuff faster than I can do one coat with other brands.

Rimmel also claim that it lasts up to 10 days without chipping, and the new 'anti-fade' colour system helps to keep the colour as fresh and as vibrant as when you first applied it.  I can't comment on this as due to work, I only wear nail polish for a day or two at a time.  And even if I have time off, I can't imagine wearing the same colour for 10 days straight - I get bored too easily!  So the long lasting-ness of the polish isn't a big selling point for me.  I'd be interested to know if it really does last for 10 days though, just out of curiosity!  ;)

I absolutely love these polishes.  They offer easy application,  gorgeous finish,  a fab range of colours and better still, they're under a fiver - bargain!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love these Rimmel polishes too... Especially the brush. :)

    Found you on BBU blog hop. X

    Fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they?! All brushes should be like this, it makes the application so much quicker and easier! x

      Delete

© SARLAVIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig